10 maart 2010

A.J Bocchino; recycling newspapers




Artist A.J Bocchino used New York Times headlines for his paintings. For ten years he collected headlines and used them in paintings with themes like '9/11' or 'Spanish American War/Iraq War' or 'oil'. He excised every headline in the New York Times which contained for instance the word 'oil' for ten years. The headlines are organized by subject and color-coded.
The digital version of the Dutch newspaper NRC Next posted this item on twitter. I love artists who show endurance in their work.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...