17 maart 2010

Willem Sandberg






One of my most favorite Dutch graphic designers (pre computer age) is Willem Sandberg (1897-1984). He was a typographer and museum curator. From 1937 -1941 he was the curator of modern art at the Stedelijk Museum in Amsterdam. After the Second World War, he became the director of the Stedelijk Museum until his retirement in 1962. During his tenure he expanded the museum and developed new exhibition techniques, for which he gained international renown. He applied his graphic design and typography skills to over 300 catalogues.

1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...