16 september 2010

Ecstatic surface design










The other day I was at Central Station in Amsterdam where I saw these great pieces of art by Pinar & Viola. This young designers duo was commissioned by The Stedelijk Museum of Amsterdam to be inspired by an icon from their collection and make a representation in the city of Amsterdam. Their chosen art icon was 'La Perruche et la Sirène' by Henri Matisse.
Pinar & Viola made Matisse's parakeet and mermaid travel in their dreams hence they are 'sleeping' in the depot while the museum is in closed.

1 opmerking:

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...