14 februari 2011

Lorna Freytag

Feral series by Lorna Freytag. Artist statement:
What is it that so often tames the pure, unbounded joy and untamed curiosity of our childhood? Is it simply the passing of time? Or perhaps the endless distractions and material desires of our modern hurly-burly lives?
It was while exploring the dramatic, hauntingly beautiful and at times dangerous and deadly landscapes of Tasmania that I let my mind wander toward the romantic ideal of a society free of walls, laws and money. I pictured a world in which the boundary between play and survival becomes blurred to the point of irrelevance. An existence reflecting the duality of childhood innocence preserved in its rawest, primeval form.

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...