14 oktober 2011

Marijke van Oostrum



Marijke van Oostrum is an artist whom I met through Twitter. I started following her because her love for dogs interested me. Later on I discovered her beautiful and interesting work. (Marijke says my scribbles have some similarities with her work but that's way too much credit) 

Marijke first studied Textile and Pattern Design at the Gerrit Rietveld Academy, a university of applied sciences for Fine Arts and Design, in Amsterdam. She was an intern at Benno Premsela, a well known Dutch designer. 

Marijke's work covers a broad range of techniques but the main motive in her work is patterns, either colour and black and white. Her work show different themes such as 'Forrest'; painted patterns and black and white sketches sewn on cotton. Another theme I love is 'Evening'; streetlights, carlights, movement in light painted on wood. 

Check out her website and discover other interesing works by Marijke.


 





Above: forrest sketches





 


 

  



Above: Evening paintings










Above: Black and white patterns 

1 opmerking:

  1. Oh my god, I LOVE Marijke's paintings, they are wonderful! I very much like her stitched drawings, and I can definitely see the resonance with your own work in her pattern pieces. But those paintings just speak to me so intensely. Thank you so much for this post.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen

Thanks for visiting Turning Pages. I refresh this blog almost daily so check out my new posts. I'd love to hear what you think so please leave me a message. Thanks, and hope to see you back soon!

Opmerking: Alleen leden van deze blog kunnen een reactie posten.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...